[sAc] UFC 2009:Undisputed - Clan/CAF/Community Forums©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***OFFICIAL*** FEDOR / BARNETT NOT HAPPENING

3 posters

Go down

***OFFICIAL*** FEDOR / BARNETT NOT HAPPENING Empty ***OFFICIAL*** FEDOR / BARNETT NOT HAPPENING

Post  [sAc]weisen66 July 22nd 2009, 1:31 pm

With Barnett out, Belfort makes verbal commitment to face Emelianenko at "Trilogy"
by John Morgan on Jul 22, 2009 at 12:20 pm ET
LAS VEGAS – It's official: Josh Barnett (24-5) has been removed from his "Affliction: Trilogy" main-event bout with Fedor Emelianenko (30-1).

Affliction exec Tom Atencio confirmed the news this morning with AOL FanHouse, citing a positive test for a banned substance that will prevent Barnett from receiving a license to compete on the Aug.1 event in Anaheim, Calif.

MMAjunkie.com has since learned from sources close to the negotiations that middleweight Vitor Belfort (18-Cool has verbally agreed to the bout, and negotiations are currently in progress to finalize the financial terms of the deal.
[sAc]weisen66
[sAc]weisen66
Team [sAc]
Team [sAc]

Back to top Go down

***OFFICIAL*** FEDOR / BARNETT NOT HAPPENING Empty Re: ***OFFICIAL*** FEDOR / BARNETT NOT HAPPENING

Post  [sAc]-MrFantastic July 22nd 2009, 1:44 pm

weisen66 wrote:With Barnett out, Belfort makes verbal commitment to face Emelianenko at "Trilogy"
by John Morgan on Jul 22, 2009 at 12:20 pm ET
LAS VEGAS – It's official: Josh Barnett (24-5) has been removed from his "Affliction: Trilogy" main-event bout with Fedor Emelianenko (30-1).

Affliction exec Tom Atencio confirmed the news this morning with AOL FanHouse, citing a positive test for a banned substance that will prevent Barnett from receiving a license to compete on the Aug.1 event in Anaheim, Calif.

MMAjunkie.com has since learned from sources close to the negotiations that middleweight Vitor Belfort (18-Cool has verbally agreed to the bout, and negotiations are currently in progress to finalize the financial terms of the deal.

WOW!!!!! that is CRAZY. I would Rather see BELFORT anyway.
[sAc]-MrFantastic
[sAc]-MrFantastic
Pound-for-Pound Champion / Hall of Famer

http://specialassaultcommand.com/

Back to top Go down

***OFFICIAL*** FEDOR / BARNETT NOT HAPPENING Empty Re: ***OFFICIAL*** FEDOR / BARNETT NOT HAPPENING

Post  [sAc]weisen66 July 22nd 2009, 2:43 pm

I say let Lashley have a shot.... just because I want to see how Fedor handles a really strong person before he fights Lesnar
[sAc]weisen66
[sAc]weisen66
Team [sAc]
Team [sAc]

Back to top Go down

Post  [sAc]-MrFantastic July 22nd 2009, 2:56 pm

weisen66 wrote:I say let Lashley have a shot.... just because I want to see how Fedor handles a really strong person before he fights Lesnar

I totally agree......and that would also be a real test for LASHLEY
[sAc]-MrFantastic
[sAc]-MrFantastic

http://specialassaultcommand.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  [sAc]Riddick29 July 22nd 2009, 3:22 pm

If Lashley feel himself not being ready for that, that's just stupidity for him to go against Fedor ...

[sAc]Riddick29
Team [sAc]
Team [sAc]

Back to top Go down

Post  [sAc]weisen66 July 23rd 2009, 6:06 am

Yes but if I were Lashley I would look at it this way

Negatives
--------------------
* Probably a loss
* Might get knocked out

Positives
-------------------
* Fight Fedor in a fight a TON of people would be interested in seeing
* Potential to beat Fedor before anyone else
* Get to Fedor before Lesnar does
* If I beat Fedor with 2 weeks to train, i will be a god!
* If I beat fedor, Lesnar will literally shit his pants.
* If I beat Fedor, Dana White will be knocking down my door for a big $$$ contract.
* If I lose, people wouldnt question my loss because I lost to Fedor with only 2 weeks to train. It's Fedor for christ sakes

Really, What does he have to lose?
[sAc]weisen66
[sAc]weisen66
Team [sAc]
Team [sAc]

Back to top Go down

Post  [sAc]Riddick29 July 23rd 2009, 7:34 am

His health ... And that's a lot when you still have a career in front of you ... I mean that you can take a bad beating at 40-45 years old ; because you're already at the end of a probably nice career, but when you're beginning, it might be not a great idea to lose a bunch of brain cells ...

[sAc]Riddick29
Team [sAc]
Team [sAc]

Back to top Go down

Post  [sAc]weisen66 July 23rd 2009, 9:41 am

eh, i don't think it would be as big of a massacre as some think,... I think Fedor would dominate.. but I don't think he would lose any brain cells...

that must be why everything think Brock Lesnar has a shot... he is missing the brain cells part... so he has nothing to lose.
[sAc]weisen66
[sAc]weisen66
Team [sAc]
Team [sAc]

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down