[sAc] UFC 2009:Undisputed - Clan/CAF/Community Forums©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barnett vs. Fedor not happening?

Go down

Barnett vs. Fedor not happening? Empty Barnett vs. Fedor not happening?

Post  [sAc]weisen66 July 22nd 2009, 10:11 am

Affliction 3: Josh Barnett Not Licensed To Fight Fedor Emelianenko Due To Positive Test?
By CagE | July 22, 2009

Oh snap, this better not be a false report like yesterday’s “Kimo Death” debacle. Sherdog is reporting that Josh Barnett will not be licensed to fight Fedor Emelianenko at Affliction 3 “Trilogy” on Aug. 1, due to an undisclosed “positive test”.

Multiple sources have told Sherdog.com that the California State Athletic Commission will not license Josh Barnett after a positive test result. Calls to Affliction Entertainment were not immediately returned. The CSAC said a comprehensive statement would be issued Wednesday.

If this report comes proves true, Affliction just lost its main event 11 days before fight night. It is currently unclear if the positive test is drug or medical related. Josh Barnett has yet to be notified by the CSAC.

“I took my test three weeks ago. I would have thought I would have heard something by now …. No matter what happens with this, I can assure you I will clear my name. This will not be something that I am defined by.”

According to the report Vitor Belfort has agreed “In Principal” to face Fedor in the main event. Belfort is currently scheduled to take on Jorge Santiago on the main card of Affliction 3.

UPDATE
Fanhouse confirms the news with afflictions Tom Atencio.

“He tested positive for a banned substance,” Atencio said of Barnett. “The athletic commission will not reinstate his license.”

“Just look for updates. … I’m working on getting the best replacement possible.”
[sAc]weisen66
[sAc]weisen66
Team [sAc]
Team [sAc]

Back to top Go down