[sAc] UFC 2009:Undisputed - Clan/CAF/Community Forums©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fabricio Werdum, Brett Rogers ruled out of "Affliction: Trilogy" bout with Fedor Emelianenko

2 posters

Go down

Fabricio Werdum, Brett Rogers ruled out of "Affliction: Trilogy" bout with Fedor Emelianenko Empty Fabricio Werdum, Brett Rogers ruled out of "Affliction: Trilogy" bout with Fedor Emelianenko

Post  [sAc]-MrFantastic July 22nd 2009, 10:37 pm

Fabricio Werdum, Brett Rogers ruled out of "Affliction: Trilogy" bout with Fedor Emelianenko Fedor-emelianenko-3

Fabricio Werdum, Brett Rogers ruled out of "Affliction: Trilogy" bout with Fedor Emelianenko

by John Morgan on Jul 22, 2009 at 6:15 pm ET

While the MMA world still waits to hear who will step in on short notice and face the world's No. 1 heavyweight fighter, two names have been officially scratched from the short list of possibilities.

Strikeforce Director of Communications Mike Afromowitz told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) his organization's heavyweight fighters Fabricio Werdum and Brett Rogers will not be facing Fedor Emelianenko in the main event of "Affliction: Trilogy" on Aug. 1.

Affliction is currently searching for a replacement for Josh Barnett, who was originally scheduled to face Emelianenko but was pulled from the bout after reportedly failing a California State Athletic Commission-administered drug test.

"It's safe to say neither Fabricio or Brett will be fighting on Aug. 1," Afromowitz said. "The plan is still for Fabricio to fight on Aug. 15, and we hope to have an opponent named soon.

"As for Brett, nothing is finalized, but he won't be fighting on Aug. 1."

At a media call addressing the situation held earlier today, Affliction vice resident Tom Atencio had mentioned he was open to working with Strikeforce to seek a replacement for Barnett. The comment fueled speculation that either Werdum or Rogers would take the fight.

The current leading candidate to face Emelianenko appears to be middleweight Vitor Belfort. MMAjunkie.com first reported Wednesday morning that a verbal agreement was in place for the contest, and The Fight Network has since reported a deal has been signed by "The Phenom."

During today's media call, Atencio said nothing should be considered official until he makes an announcement.

"Until you hear it from me, until I have a contract signed, they're all rumors," Atencio told MMAjunkie.com. "It's everybody trying to come out and get their moment in the sun. But until you absolutely hear it from my voice, from me, it's not finalized.

"Until I have a contract, you're not going to hear anything from me. It's pretty cut and dry."

To follow the latest developments with "Affliction: Trilogy," stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.
[sAc]-MrFantastic
[sAc]-MrFantastic
Pound-for-Pound Champion / Hall of Famer
Pound-for-Pound Champion / Hall of Famer

http://specialassaultcommand.com/

Back to top Go down

Fabricio Werdum, Brett Rogers ruled out of "Affliction: Trilogy" bout with Fedor Emelianenko Empty Re: Fabricio Werdum, Brett Rogers ruled out of "Affliction: Trilogy" bout with Fedor Emelianenko

Post  [sAc]weisen66 July 23rd 2009, 6:09 am

Just sign Lashley already so I can convince my girl to buy the ppv
[sAc]weisen66
[sAc]weisen66
Team [sAc]
Team [sAc]

Back to top Go down