[sAc] UFC 2009:Undisputed - Clan/CAF/Community Forums©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSP SAYS FLORIAN WILL BE A GREAT CHAMPION

Go down

GSP SAYS FLORIAN WILL BE A GREAT CHAMPION Empty GSP SAYS FLORIAN WILL BE A GREAT CHAMPION

Post  [sAc]-MrFantastic July 3rd 2009, 12:09 pm

GSP SAYS FLORIAN WILL BE A GREAT CHAMPION
Friday, July 03, 2009 - by Damon Martin - MMAWeekly.com

GSP SAYS FLORIAN WILL BE A GREAT CHAMPION 9093-headline

On Aug. 8, Kenny Florian will take a second crack at the UFC lightweight title, this time battling current champion B.J. Penn at UFC 101, and while the Boston native has always had a top-notch camp, he decided to venture out this time for some extra support.

The extra support comes in the form of UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre, the only fighter to have two wins over Penn, and who himself is in final preparations for his UFC 100 bout against Thiago Alves.

St. Pierre spoke to MMAWeekly Radio recently about the work he did with Florian in Montreal, and says that it's a good bet that it's "Ken-Flo" who will leave Philadelphia with the championship around his waist.

"I've trained with him two times and he looked really sharp. I put my money on him against B.J. Penn," St. Pierre stated.

The Canadian has put together some of the most legendary camps to prepare for his title fights, so his physical and mental strategy could be a key edge that Florian will carry into the fight in August.

St. Pierre complemented Florian for the work they did together while in Montreal, and he's confident that Penn will have no answer for what Florian will bring into the title fight.

"Kenny Florian is a great training partner, and is going to be a great champion, and he's also a greater person and human being (than B.J. Penn)," said St. Pierre.

Much like his own strategy and gameplan, he wouldn't let anything out of the bag as to what Florian will do to beat Penn, but he is boastful that it will happen.

"A lot of things, but they are part of his gameplan so I can't talk too much about it," St. Pierre commented about what Florian will bring into the fight against Penn. "It basically consists of using his strength and putting it against his opponent's weaknesses."

Following his upcoming title fight against Alves, St. Pierre will then head straight back into camp to help his friend and training partner Nate Marquardt get ready for his September fight against Demian Maia.

Still, if time permits, he says he'd love to be in Philadelphia to sit front row for Kenny Florian vs. B.J. Penn.

"I would like to see that," St. Pierre said in closing about Florian winning the title.
[sAc]-MrFantastic
[sAc]-MrFantastic
Pound-for-Pound Champion / Hall of Famer
Pound-for-Pound Champion / Hall of Famer

http://specialassaultcommand.com/

Back to top Go down