[sAc] UFC 2009:Undisputed - Clan/CAF/Community Forums©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUF TALK FROM KIMBO: "I'M A FIGHTER"

3 posters

Go down

TUF TALK FROM KIMBO: "I'M A FIGHTER" Empty TUF TALK FROM KIMBO: "I'M A FIGHTER"

Post  [sAc]-MrFantastic July 15th 2009, 4:24 pm

TUF TALK FROM KIMBO: "I'M A FIGHTER"
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - by Steven Marrocco - MMAWeekly.com

TUF TALK FROM KIMBO: "I'M A FIGHTER" 9139-KimboSlice0607a

Kimbo Slice is a free man after being cooped up in a house with fifteen other UFC heavyweight hopefuls.

The 35-year-old sat upstairs last Thursday at the Spike TV booth near the back of the UFC Fan Expo at Mandalay Bay as hordes of fans waited below for a glimpse of his beard. The remaining cast members milled about in front of the stage after their public unveiling, signing autographs and chomping at the bit to go home that evening.

Slice emerged from the reality show with a respect for his fellow castmates despite indicators they awaited his demise and his promise that he would fight anyone who disrespected him. At the end of the day, it was the chance to train extensively with men his size.

“The opportunity to be around all heavyweights, that just doesn’t happen,” said Slice. “There’s a lot of gyms out here in the States, but none of them had as many heavyweights as we had at one time here.”

Given the fighters revealed at the Expo, the odds are stacked against him. But whether he succeeds or not, Kimbo feels he is on the right path and will not stray from his ultimate goal of being an ultimate fighter.

“I guess it’s safe to say I don’t mind being a gatekeeper,” he said. “Eventually, you got something you want to get. A drive for something, you know what I'm saying? And I guess I'm still searching for that inner me, I'm still searching for something. Until I find it, and until my fire is done, I'm a fighter.”

If a UFC heavyweight title comes his way, great; if not, no big deal.

“Eventually, you want that title around your waist, that's eventually the goal,” he said. “But it don't happen, just line them up.”

(Click here to watch the entire video interview with Kimbo Slice.)
[sAc]-MrFantastic
[sAc]-MrFantastic
Pound-for-Pound Champion / Hall of Famer
Pound-for-Pound Champion / Hall of Famer

http://specialassaultcommand.com/

Back to top Go down

TUF TALK FROM KIMBO: "I'M A FIGHTER" Empty Re: TUF TALK FROM KIMBO: "I'M A FIGHTER"

Post  [sAc]weisen66 July 16th 2009, 10:42 am

huh....interesting. I hope to see him in the UFC and see what he can do other than street fight. I want to see him against some stiff competition... I don't think he will fair out to well
[sAc]weisen66
[sAc]weisen66
Team [sAc]
Team [sAc]

Back to top Go down

TUF TALK FROM KIMBO: "I'M A FIGHTER" Empty Re: TUF TALK FROM KIMBO: "I'M A FIGHTER"

Post  JPZack7 July 19th 2009, 7:37 am

ive never given this guy ne credit for nethin hes done when it comes to mma. but the fact that hes throwin away easy money to fight on the ultimate fighter and actually tryin to get better i do give the guy sum respect for this. do i want him to be successful, no. but the fact that hes trying to improve and get better u gotta giv him sum credit. until he beats a top fighter like a nogueira or cro cop or gonzaga thou, i wont give him the credit for him really being a good mma fighter and actually respect him as a mixed martial artist.
JPZack7
JPZack7
Undisputed Champion
Undisputed Champion

http://www.ufc2009undisputed.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  [sAc]weisen66 July 20th 2009, 6:08 am

absolutely.... anyone that tries hard... i have the upmost respect for...
[sAc]weisen66
[sAc]weisen66
Team [sAc]
Team [sAc]

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down