[sAc] UFC 2009:Undisputed - Clan/CAF/Community Forums©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ST. PIERRE, "IT WOULD BE FOOLISH TO LOOK PAST HIM"

Go down

ST. PIERRE, "IT WOULD BE FOOLISH TO LOOK PAST HIM" Empty ST. PIERRE, "IT WOULD BE FOOLISH TO LOOK PAST HIM"

Post  [sAc]-MrFantastic July 9th 2009, 4:42 pm

ST. PIERRE, "IT WOULD BE FOOLISH TO LOOK PAST HIM"

ST. PIERRE, "IT WOULD BE FOOLISH TO LOOK PAST HIM" 9130-GeorgesStPierreUFC100wo_1218

"He's got many things. He's a great striker and he's a big guy, he's very strong and explosive. He's very good at neutralizing people's strength and be able to fight his fight, which is my strength as well."

Such is Georges St. Pierre's assessment of Thiago Alves, the man that he considers the biggest threat that he's ever faced. The two will lock horns on Saturday night at UFC 100 in Las Vegas.

"It would be foolish to think I am going to beat Thiago Alves easy... I don't want to look past him," said St. Pierre, refusing to contemplate a super fight against UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva or name other challengers to his welterweight crown.

Unlike UFC 100's main event, a heavyweight unification bout between champion Brock Lesnar and interim titleholder Frank Mir, St. Pierre and Alves have been rather quiet in discussing their bout. Neither feels the need to be overly vocal about his opponent, leaving little room for the trash-talking build-up so common in sports these days.

"A great fighter doesn't have to trash talk to promote himself," said St. Pierre. "It's a great honor for me (to fight Alves.)"
[sAc]-MrFantastic
[sAc]-MrFantastic
Pound-for-Pound Champion / Hall of Famer
Pound-for-Pound Champion / Hall of Famer

http://specialassaultcommand.com/

Back to top Go down